Permission to take pictures and videos
IMAGE REQUEST FOR LAS POZAS, EDWARD JAMES SCULPTURE GARDEN
I. Submit an official cover letter on letterhead to FUNDACIÓN PEDRO Y ELENA HERNÁNDEZ, A.C. with your request for the use of the facilities for filming and/or photographic purposes.
II. Las Pozas, Edward James Sculpture Garden has been declared a National Artistic Monument by the SEP and the National Institute of Fine Arts. For this reason, the following regulations must be respected:
Federal Registry of Business Procedures applied by the Ministry of Public Education and its Coordinated Sector, June 2, 1999. “…INBA is instructed to inform the interested party, at the time of submitting their request, that the reproduction must be used with dignity, without comical or offensive pretensions; without any modification, in publications or recordings that highlight the importance of Mexican art and that are not linked to commercial products that induce vices or dependencies…”
III. The amount of the payment for the reproduction of Artistic Monuments for commercial purposes, promotion, teaching or research of culture will be in accordance with the Federal Law of Rights, Article 288. These costs will be defined by the National Institute of Fine Arts and are independent of the collection that Las Pozas requests from the Applicant.
IV. Internal Regulations that apply to production:
- The opening hours of the garden are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Image taking outside these hours must be scheduled, additional hours require special permission.
- Food is not allowed inside the garden. If a catering area is required for the crew, it must be scheduled in advance within the available spaces.
- Filming must not interfere with visitors. The garden will not close its doors for photography/filming sessions. All production teams must have someone on staff who is responsible for ensuring the safe passage of visitors at all times. Depending on the size of the production, a member of the Las Pozas staff will be designated to coordinate the movement of visitors near the Shooting area. This service will cost MX$250.00 per day.
- Photography is not allowed in restricted structures or indoors for security and conservation reasons.
- All applications must be legible and include all requested information. Illegible or incomplete applications will be returned for correction and processing will be delayed. If an application section does not apply to your project, indicate by entering N/A (not applicable) in the space.
SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION
To promote success, safety, and maintain habitability at all sites, FUNDACIÓN PEDRO Y ELENA HERNÁNDEZ, A.C. It requires any natural or legal person to obtain an official permit in order to use the facilities.